Our new lesson packs will give you everything you need to teach your pupils all about families. This important learning features heavily in the Relationships Education requirements for key stages 1 and 2, and our materials will help you cover this statutory PSHE education content with confidence.
Your pupils will learn about different family structures and explore the positive features of family life as well as how to manage change and conflict within families when it arises.
- 1 x KS1 and 1 x KS2 lesson pack, each comprising:
- PDF lesson plans and resources
- Classroom ready PowerPoint versions
- Accompanying teacher guidance
- At key stage 1 pupils explore ‘what makes a family?’ and ‘different families’
- At key stage 2 pupils explore ‘family relationships’, ‘diverse families’ and ‘family changes’.
Primary Subject Specialist Lydia Stober said:
“Learning about families plays a vital role in Relationships education but also supports pupils’ developing sense of their own identity, as well as providing an opportunity to understand how diverse families help to enrich our world. These lessons for key stages 1 and 2 enable pupils to reflect on what makes a family and to recognise different family structures, relationships and their features. This understanding also lays the essential foundations for learning to identify unhealthy family relationships.”