Online Twilight CPD: Top tips for teaching about Mental Health in secondary schools, 09/11/2021Back to events listing
This interactive online workshop will explorehow to safely and effectively teach about mental health at key stage 3-4.
Teaching about mental health and emotional wellbeing is now statutory as part of Health education and can play a vital role in safeguarding students. It also promotes student wellbeing through the development of healthy coping strategies. This workshop will support you with an overview of the skills, knowledge and understanding needed to safely and effectively teach this crucial but challenging aspect of the PSHE education curriculum in key stage 3-4.
Delegates will receive:
- 1 hour 15 minutes of high quality, interactive training led by members of ourSubject Specialist team, the leading national experts in PSHE education
- Recommended post-course reading to follow up after the session
- Practical ideas and guidance to support you in teaching about mental healthand emotional wellbeing.
You need to be a PSHE Association member to book on this training:
- Existing members can log in and book this course for £95. If you are booking on behalf of an existing member and don’t have their login details you can still book by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Non-members can simply sign up for membership (£125 for organisational; £50 for individuals) and the event (£95) at the same time using our short form.
- Please read our booking and cancellation policy
We’ve launched this suite of online courses to temporarily replace face-to-face training in light of Covid-19, but see online training as remaining a key part of our member support package going forward given the recent success of our online conferences and Online CPD training.