Online Twilight CPD: Teaching about Healthy Lifestyles in primary schools, 08/12/2021Back to events listing
This interactive online workshop will explore how to safely and effectively teach about maintaining a healthy lifestyle at key stage 1-2.
With rising concerns about children’s health-related behaviours, healthy lifestyles has now become statutory as a part of Health education. This topic promotes pupils’ physical and emotional wellbeing through the development of healthy lifestyles, including those relating to food choices and physical activity. However, it can be very sensitive and needs to be handled with care, in order to encourage healthy behaviours and ensure a positive impact on children’s wellbeing. This workshop will support you in developing the skills, knowledge and understanding needed to safely and effectively teach this essential aspect of the PSHE education curriculum in key stage 1-2.
Delegates will receive:
- 1 hour 15 minutes of high quality, interactive training led by members of our Subject Specialist team, the leading national experts in PSHE education
- Recommended post-course reading to follow up after the session
- Practical ideas and guidance to support you in teaching about healthy lifestyles as part of your school’s PSHE education curriculum.
You need to be a PSHE Association member to book on this training:
- Existing members can log in and book this course for £95. If you are booking on behalf of an existing member and don’t have their login details you can still book by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Non-members can simply sign up for membership (£125 for organisational; £50 for individuals) and the event (£95) at the same time using our short form.
- Please read our booking and cancellation policy
We’ve launched this suite of online courses to temporarily replace face-to-face training in light of Covid-19, but see online training as remaining a key part of our member support package going forward given the recent success of our online conferences and Online CPD training.