Online Twilight CPD: Effective Drug and Alcohol education – KS1&2, 30/06/21Back to events listing
Informed by our work with academic experts in the field and the evidence base for what works when teaching about alcohol and other drugs, this interactive online course will explore how PSHE education leads and teachers can plan and teach Drug and Alcohol education in primary schools.
It will explore what makes effective, age-appropriate learning for primary pupils growing up in modern day Britain and how utilising positive social norms can support learning. The course will support your understanding of how to equip your pupils with the knowledge they need relating to alcohol and other drugs, as well as how to develop the skills and attitudes to manage pressure, and seek support.
Delegates will receive:
- Essential pre-course reading to prepare you for the training session
- 1 hour 15 minutes of high quality, interactive training led by members of our Subject Specialist team, the leading national experts in PSHE education
- Practical ideas, guidance and resources to support you in planning and teaching about alcohol and other drugs
You need to be a PSHE Association member to book on this training:
- Existing members can log in and book this course for £95. If you are booking on behalf of an existing member and don’t have their login details you can still book by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Non-members can simply sign up for membership (£125 for organisational; £50 for individuals) and the event (£95) at the same time using our short form.
- Please read our booking and cancellation policy
We’ve launched this suite of online courses to temporarily replace face-to-face training in light of Covid-19, but see online training as remaining a key part of our member support package going forward given the recent success of our online conferences and Online CPD training.